Nutritional therapy involves applying nutrition science and using a wide range of clinical assessment and diagnostic tools, including comprehensive case history, physical examination and functional testing (if required) to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances. Then to understand how these contribute to an individual’s health concerns and presenting symptoms. We use a functional medicine approach and personalised nutrition suggestions to improve diet, digestion and absorption of nutrients, while providing education about nutrition, support in the form of guided shops and recipe ideas, and supplementation where required to achieve optimum health and wellbeing as quickly as possible. This includes hormonal, neurological and immune function.
Why use nutritional therapy?
Some people want to learn more about healthy eating, others want to know how to prevent chronic diseases that they may be susceptible to, how to lose weight so it stays off, or how to manage symptoms and find relief. Most people have access to a ton of information but aren’t sure how to pull it together in a way that is relevant to them. The solution? Consult an expert. A tailored approach is required as every person is unique and has their own requirements and lifestyle commitments.
Typically, priorities include support to achieve optimum energy levels and blood sugar balance, improve stress resilience, tolerance to food groups, gastrointestinal health and emotional wellbeing.
Herbal support is a traditional form of plant medicine, still used by 80% (yes, 80!) of the world’s population to treat and prevent disease. Today Western, Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese methods are combined with scientific research. Plants contain a complex mixture of synergistic constituents, whereas pharmaceutical drugs are often based on (synthetic) isolated chemical compounds which do not have the same balancing effect.
We do offer short acute consultations by Skype which help to offer symptomatic relief to health issues that require immediate attention (e.g. coughs, colds, insomnia) but most of our patients will get herbal recommendations in their therapeutic plans if required.
Rest assured, we have a good foundation of biochemistry, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics and will always check potential interactions.
How are herbal remedies taken?
Herbs may be used singly or mixed together as formulas and may be taken as ‘teas’ (infusions or decoctions), powdered or encapsulated, or made into alcohol-based tinctures or other liquid preparations such as glycerites for children. They may also be applied externally in creams, ointments and poultices.
We make tincture blends or capsules for our clients which are completely tailored to their needs. We also make blends for ailments such as coughs, joint pain, sports injury recovery and insomnia which require a short consultation in order to purchase.
The Big Issues Facing Employers
The lifestyle choices of your employees have an impact on their physical and mental health, life expectancy and their productivity at work.
The areas where employers are being challenged are:
- succession planning
- getting ahead of attrition
- keeping employees well at work
- engaging employees in a corporate wellness initiative
The Big Issues Facing Employees
Employees report a lack of purpose, challenge, empowerment, autonomy, control and security within their place of work. 1/3 of our life is spent at work. By improving the individual’s day to day experience, we can address challenges such as:
- Pressure to deliver a higher workload with reduced resources and less time
- Highly qualified staff in roles that don’t deliver the level of autonomy, variety, empowerment, purpose or challenge they need
- Lack of security or career development opportunities
Objectives Of Our Precision Wellness Programme
- Preventative screening
- Functional Testing
- Encouraging healthier food choices
- Increase physical activity
- Improve tobacco prevention and cessation
- Improved stress management and implementation of stress management techniques
- Other positive lifestyle changes (improved sleep patterns, etc.)
- Personalised recommendations can then implement that will have a dramatic impact on health and wellness outcomes, assisted by regular check-ins with a nutrigenomics expert and certified functional medicine practitioner who will provide guidance and appropriate recommendations.
- Increased health awareness
- Better morale increased revenue generation
- Happier and healthier staff
- A Healthy Return on Investment
Anthrobotanica offers health education seminars and workshops on various tailored topics, including:
- Treating your child naturally
- Preparing for IVF/pregnancy
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Impact of stress on the body (especially hormones)
- Eating in the office? Wiser lunch choices.
- Anti-ageing foods
- Bach flowers for children and pets
- Winter wellness – boost your immunity naturally
- Q & A sessions
- The digestive system – its organs, their functions and the importance of keeping it healthy
- Sports nutrition
- Keeping your heart healthy
- Weight loss
- Everyday toxins, how they are stored and how they prevent you losing weight
- What is adrenal fatigue?
- Detoxification – debunking the myths
- What is the paleolithic diet?
- The dangers of sugar and unlikely foods it hides in
- And many more!
Ever heard of Rescue Remedy? This is a famous blend of Bach flower remedies sold in most pharmacies and used for shock, grief, anxiety, pre-exam nerves, etc.
Bach flower remedies are a type of vibrational medicine, a safe and gentle system of healing designed to bring back balance. Flower essences are energetic imprints of the life force of plants which interact with these subtle and evoke specific qualities within us and work by a principle of resonance. They are most effective when they match the core mental or emotional challenges faced by the client.
Commonly used for:
- Feelings of stuckness
- Fears and phobias
- Emotional issues
- Feelings of despair
- Grief and shock
- Feeling out of control
- Lack of direction
- Breaking emotional patterns
- Difficulty sleeping
Flower essences, often described as ‘vitamins for the soul’, do not create euphoria, nor banish pain and conflict. They work by stimulating awareness of our conflicts and challenges, and strengthening our ability to heal and work through the obstacles to our health and growth. They also do not work biochemically (like aspirin for a headache) but emotional stress may be alleviated which in turn may relieve muscular tension.
Flower essences work on an emotional rather than physical level and may help people who suffer from physical illness by addressing the emotional responses to the illness, and by working with the underlying conflicts and tensions that may have contributed to the onset of the illness.
A Bach flower consult, much like the naturopathic consultation, takes 40-60 minutes and provides a comfortable environment in which you will be able to discuss your state of health, current and past emotional issues, past illnesses and traumas, medical, surgical and family history. It will also give me an insight into your personality, likes and dislikes, fears, sleep pattern and the way your body reacts to the environment. At the end of the consult, we will discuss with you the remedies we would like to put in your mixture. This will give you an opportunity to provide input if you strongly disagree with anything we have decided. You will then be given a bespoke mixture to take home which should last approximately 1 month. Follow up consultations also last 60 minutes and are scheduled where required by the client.
Iridology or iris diagnosis, is a non-invasive system using a magnified torch and iriscope which analysis the iris of the eye to look at structural markings and pigments in the iris which carry genetic and constitutional traits and weaknesses. Findings are discussed in the consultation with a view to understanding underlying contributing pathways to a condition to help pinpoint the correct method of treat it and support optimum health.
Ear acupuncture, otherwise known as auricular acupuncture or auriculotherapy has existed for thousands of years in China, Ancient Egypt and Greece, India and Scythia but was made popular in the 1950s by Nogiere, a Frenchman who developed an integrated model of the ear based upon physchotherapeutic properties and embryology.
Ear acupuncture was officially recognised as a treatment by the World Health Organisation (WHO) in 1987.
Why ear acupuncture?
It is a cost effective fast-acting treatment that works well alongside naturopathic treatment to support lifestyle changes. It is also beneficial when combined with addiction counselling to prevent relapses.
What we can treat with ear acupuncture
- Addiction (cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, food, sex)
- Allergies, hayfever, histamine intolerance
- Compulsive behaviour (ADHD)
- Raised liver enzymes and other symptoms of hepatitis
- Migraines and temporal headaches
- Hormone imbalances
- Reduced appetite
- Weight loss assistance
- Skin problems
- Menstrual problems
- Gastrointestinal discomfort and disorders
- Respiratory problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Ear acupuncture is the preferred treatment for all addictions and is used widely in rehabilitation and detoxification facilities globally.
Acudetox is the single most significant reason for increasing popularity of ear acupuncture in the west and came about as a result of accidental positive results in relieving opium addiction in Hong Kong in 1972. The ear protocol was then developed in 1974 at Lincoln Memorial Hospital. The National Auricular Detoxification Association was formed in 1985 in the US and 1991 in the UK. It renamed Acudetox as the NADA protocol
We cannot treat patients who are intoxicated with alcohol or drugs and we cannot put a needle on inflamed or broken skin.
Please let us know upon booking if you are:
- Carry an infectious disease
- Prone to fainting
- Suffer low blood pressure
- Addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Have recently had an operation